Monday, August 15, 2011

Enjoy the Now!

When I go out, whether it be for a hike, walk, social hour, dinner, drinks, dancing, I am rarely the first to go home.  At parties, I am often the last to leave, even if I was the first to arrive.  On a hike, I may walk faster then some, but I still want to stop and take pictures or for a bite to eat.  If we are walking a constant 5 miles, I will walk steady, but always want a social hour afterwards.

So many times, people cannot socialize because they 'have-to" do something or another.  Some don't show up at all; some show up, but then 'have-to' go.  I, on the other hand, rarely 'have-to' go.  I don't want to rush -- so unless it is truly one of my few 'have-tos', I have enough time to enjoy what I am doing right now!  I am not in a hurry to do something else. 

So why do people have so many have-tos?  Are they self-imposed?  They have to be.  I don't think you can blame your have-tos on someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment